Monday, May 16, 2005

A little love on Parliament hill

Well, I was in Ottawa for work last week and as I was chilling outside the center block waiting for my group I got to see some MPs coming in. My favourite moment was when Peter Mckay came in via car and stepped out. Shortly after one of the green buses that drive the mps around showed up and Belinda Stronach stepped out. McKay was waiting at the door and he saw her and said “why didn’t you stick with me baby?” in a funny little tone. She said something back but was so in awe of having seen them flirt that I almost lost it. Anyway, that was the highlight of my week! I’m off again Tuesday through Friday this week. Sorry my posts have been so sporadic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Fulford said...

She was always on the liberal end of the Conservatives... though to be honest, I'm not sure what the difference between Liberals and Conservatives in North American politics are anymore... one's a bit more pro-market and the other a bit more pro-government control... but neither to any kind of significant extreme. Conliberals. Blech.

5:38 p.m.  
Blogger Andrew Fulford said...

A good post on the Stronach crossover: http://www.gideonstrauss.com/2005/05/belinda-stronach-my-friends-in.html

11:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi robyn. you are home now. i know it because your boyfriend told me so - there is no hiding it now. muhahaha. so i went to york today and was like wow that kind of looks like the guy named keith that i pointed at who was eating lunch with andrew after church - so i was like are you keith... im hoping the second impression was better then me pointing and walking away... its never good to have friends bf's think that their friends are freaks (whether its true or not)... so this is a random comment unrelated to anything you wrote... but i really wanted to post it in your journal... :D

12:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home