Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lunch time viewing

My housemate Britt and I often watch family feud together while we eat our lunches and it seems that the advertising in this time slot is aimed at very specific groups of people. First you have the workers who are unsatisfied with their minimum wage jobs and are seeking a quick way to get farther in the world. There are at least 2 commercials for ITT tech and Devry every break. The second group is the group of people who are at home because they have been injured in an accident, in a car of work related. For these people there is a series of commercials by lawyers who do catchy things like rhyme their names with their practice “been hurt in a car? Call William matar” is my personal favourite. These lawyers claim to get what you really deserve for you. So pretty much they assume that anyone who is at home around 12 o’clock is either in search of a better life or injured. Britt and I often find ourselves marveling at the amount of people who must be in this circumstance if there is so much advertising aimed towards them. I suppose watching family feud is a good way to enjoy a lunch break with a friend.. I just wish that I didn’t feel such urge to apply to ITT tech or sue someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home