Saturday, March 26, 2005

A Little Self Pity

So I’ve been rather busy these days with an evil political theory paper (comparing Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau and their conceptions of liberty inside and outside of political society) ANYWAY, I haven’t had all that much time to post. But since I’ve been working on it for pretty much two days solidly and all week sporadically and I know I’m going to be up late with it so that tomorrow I can hopefully enjoy Easter Sunday, I thought I’d take a few mins to post something.
And in the spirit of my political theory paper, I think I’ll simply tell you ten things I’d rather be doing.
#10. sitting on a dock on a warm and windy summer’s evening with a glass of something alcoholic watching the sun set.
#9 sleeping
#8 playing with a puppy and/or a small child.
#7 a hot bath with bubbles, candles and a good book (not my roman study notes like the last bath I had, that kinda ruined it)
#6 a crazy dinning hall dance party with Melissa Graham and other camp folk (strobe lights? Yes please)
#5 sitting through a Bradford town council meeting, b/c then at least you have something to laugh at or be passionate about, like how Bradford is run by idiots
#4 watching paint dry or a kettle boil
#3 slamming my head against a wall, concrete preferred.
#2 shaving my boyfriend’s eyebrows while he sleeps. (Keith’s got enough hair, he won’t miss them)
#1 anything ANYTHING other than writing this STUPID paper. Honestly the only joy I get out of it is when I get stuck and I have to go to the class web page for help. Then at least I get to see what a nerd my prof is as I watch his voice-overed slide shows that explain the Lockian proviso. I mean really? Who has this sort of time on their hands? Man if this thing wasn’t worth 30% of my mark I’d be outside in the sunshine, running through the park, jumping in puddles…or at least I would have been able to come home for Easter.
*sigh*
Back to work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home