Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Road to Heaven is Dirt- Some Thoughts on Home

I recently heard Dan Scott speak on the topic of heaven and home. He said that places feel like home because they reflect a little bit of our true home, heaven. I’ve been thinking a bit about this lately and I really think its true. There are 2 places I feel at home. The first is definitely where my parents live. I think it feels a bit like heaven because it is so peaceful. My parents live in harmony, its out in the country and comfortable. I can curl up by the fire and read, I can blast my music and most of all, I’m in a caring supportive environment. The other big place I feel at home at is Camp (Pioneer for those of you who don’t know). I’ve been going to camp by myself since I was 5 and its def. had a big impact on my faith. Since I’ve been on staff I’ve seen God do amazing things and he’s taught me a heck of a lot too. Camp is full of Christian community living. Now, this can be incredibly hard b/c , since I work at Girls camp, things can get caddy, and gossipy but it’s the times where things aren’t like that when I truely feel at home. Like I never want to leave. It’s the times when you live in harmony and love, speaking truth, working for God with each other that things just feel right. When I’m driving home to my parents house, and when I’m driving home to camp after having been away for a long time I can’t help but be excited. I drive down long dirt roads to get to both and as I bump along I anticipate the feeling of being home. I can only imagine what it’ll be like to bump down that big dirt road in the sky to the real thing. Real home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home