Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Props to Nana

First off, thank you everyone who has been commenting on Trudeau for me! I really really appreciate it! I’m totally going to use all your comments. And for those of you haven’t commented yet, its not too late…you have until Friday! (if you’re confused see my last post).
Today, I would just like to give props to my nana who sent me a fantastic pair of socks that really made my day. As some of you who lived in res with me last year may know, I usually wear large wool socks instead of slippers. Unfortunately I wore large holes into them this year (probably from all the running and sliding I did in res). Anyway, at Christmas I told my Nana (my grandma on my mother’s side) how much I love the giant wool socks she knitted. Well, she told me she’d make me a pair and asked what colour I’d like. I told her she could use up all her scrap wool on them, the more fun the better. And so today they arrived all the way from Florida and brought a little bit of sunshine with them! I’m a firm believer that the socks you put on in the morning foreshadow the type of day you’re going to have so I try to have as many exciting socks on hand (or foot) as possible. So thanks nana, they’re great (not that she reads my blog). I’ll wear these socks until I get a giant hole in them. And to all my friends, if you want to make someone happy (esp. me), knit them a nice pair of colourful wool socks.
*NB* Keith Brooks is exempt from this because I really have no desire for him to learn to knit. Not that I’m against guys knitting, cause I’m not, I’m just against HIM knitting… especially for me… I think he should take up something like bear wrestling or mime. (sorry keith, didn’t mean to crush your dream)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Robyn, respect to your nana and your socks. I am myself of the knitting variety, and I can completely appreciate the logic of "finish off all the wool ends", for practical AND artistic reasons! :) I have long been contemplating an afghan with stripes that use up all my scraps, or possibly a scarf of that variety. In any case, respect from another knitter and knitwear wearer!

12:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the socks! Don't get any holes in this pair. Has your Nana seen the photo?

5:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home