Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Library is NOT a picnic area.

Honestly, when I was Frosh, I wasn’t that obnoxious. I mean, sure I probably had someone look at me one time or another and think, “yup, she’s frosh” but I sure wasn’t as bad as some frosh I’ve seen. Yesterday I was in the library studying for my midterms. I was sitting at a table and 3 girls came in and sat down directly in front of me. The first girl pulls out a book with a 100 course level title on the front. The second one pulls out a book with the same title and the third one …pulls out her lunch. Then they proceeded to whisper… and I don’t mean whisper I mean the good ol’ WHISPER YELL. I’m sure you know what I mean. “HEY AMANDA” “WHAT?” “WHAT QUESTION DO YOU WANT TO START WITH”. Group work? Are you kidding me? they’ve come to the third floor of the library during midterms, sat across from someone clearly working hard and they’re going to do GROUP WORK. I nearly lost it. but then, the third girl whisper yelled to her friends “I WISH I”D BROUGHT SOMETHING TO DO” …. WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE WITH OUT ANYTHING TO DO!! THE LIBRARY IS NOT A PICNIC AREA. (i don't mind people eating and working in the library...but JUST eating is a little much for me )and so she opened her pop and crunched on her salad as the other two whisper yelled at each other…the whole time I’m baring my teeth and praying for serenity. I wanted to say “hi guys, I heard a really good place to do group work was NOT HERE” or “Ya know, when you’re in 3rd year, working your butt off and stressed out and you have 3 obnoxious frosh come and sit across the table from you when you’re trying to study for the 2 midterms that you have in the next two days, I imagine you wouldn’t be to happy…wouldn’t you? WOULDN’T YOU!?!?!” but I didn’t. I just stared at the text book and read the same sentence 84 times. Finally after 15 minutes they realized that they actually didn’t have any work to do. And so they loudly re stuffed their back packs and headed off in the direction of the computers with the last girl chomping on her carrot in tow.
So, I recognize that not all frosh are loud in the library or generally insensitive to others but if you know someone who is….please tell them before someone like me jumps across a table in the library and strangles them to death.
Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home