Sunday, December 25, 2005

The "vacation" begins

It’s a amazing where driving for 24 hours will get you. We left Bradford at 2:15 on Friday afternoon and arrived around 2:45 here at my grandparent’s house in Florida. It was a good drive, better than some we’ve done…mind you, I haven’t done this since grade 11, but the time this journey seemed to go by a lot faster than it has in the past. I think that has a lot to do with me doing more traveling for work and getting to school etc. Anyway, I got to do a lot of the driving myself this time. I drove for about 6 hours. From London to Windsor, most of Kentucky and from just about Ocala down past Tampa. I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep but when we got here I crashed and slept for a bit. Then it was a Christmas eve service at the first Presbyterian church and then back here for bed. I must say that my ideal vacation generally doesn’t include 2 weeks in a house with my parents and grandparents …but I think this time will be better than most. My last few times down I was in the middle teen angst and my parents pretty much vowed not to bring me down again until I’d grown out of it. When I walked in the door last night I had a sudden sense of dread. Nana started fussing like mad and I was suddenly quite aware of the fact that there is only one common living space. I don’t want to appear angsty so I can’t go into my room and close my door too much but sitting in the main room either means Nana fussing or the TV or both. So I’m outside by the pool on nana’s laptop with a nice humid breeze whisking by. Keith is coming down on Tuesday so he’ll be good company and we’ll be able to get out of the house. Until then though, its me, my parents, my grandparents and my uncle gary in rather close quarters. At least its warm right? I think I’ll have a good time this Christmas, I’m actually glad I’m here. Two weeks really isn’t that long and well…its free. So, I’m going to go watch the ‘very merry Christmas parade’ and then go be social. I’ll probably be blogging most days so keep checking back to see if I lose my mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home