Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hunger or Procrastination?

Sometimes, especially during exams, I find that I have a great amount of trouble reading the signals my body is sending me. for example, I’ll be studying and then my body will say… “Gee Robyn, its been a while since you showered” and think, “oh my, it has been about 8 hours…maybe I should shower!” And so I do. Similarly, I’ll be studying and my body will say “Robyn, you have to pee” and I think “oh wow, AGAIN?” and so I go and pee. My body also tells me that I’m hungry, tired, thirsty, anti social or that my room is a mess… I automatically answer these urges and soon find myself munching on a piece of toast or plucking my eyebrows. The problem is…I think my body is lying to me… I mean, its not that I don’t trust my body, b/c I do. Sometimes its right about having to pee or being tired…but this time of year, exam time…I think…hey, wait a minute..how come by body has suddenly become so demanding? Why this sudden urge to shower constantly? I mean, we were into clean before exams …but now, the room must be spotless, my dishes must always be done and yes, my hair must look fantastic. So I’m thinking that I should probably stop listening to my body…well, perhaps not entirely as that may result in some unfortunate pant wetting incidents…or extreme hygiene issues …I just think that its time I sat down, with a cup of tea and studied hard. I just wish my body wasn’t constantly trying to convince me otherwise. Perhaps I should inform it that if I do not pass my exams there will be no degree, no job, no money and thus no soap, no toilet paper and yes, no room to clean. So now, to work…but first, I need to go and use the bathroom.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robyn.

Have I ever told you how witty I think you are? Because you crack me up. Thanks for having a funny blog to entertain me between reading serious (aka boring) blogs :)

PS - I think it's funny how often people NEED to blog when they have exams also. lol. Good times

k love u my dear and i will see you over christmas!!!
<3 lis

2:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robyn
- I love you, so i don't mean this in a mean way...but when has your room EVER been spotless [like how many mugs was it the other day missy?:P]
Just wondering
-love,
a concerned housemate!

9:37 p.m.  
Blogger Robyn said...

This is clear evidence that i am able to stop the procrastination and in fact work. if my room was clean, you'd know there was a problem. Its simply a result of me working extremely hard that my room looks like a Tornado hit it. if you worked hard, your room would be messy. clearly you are procrastinating far too much.

12:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home