Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Eddie Goldberg stole my nachos

Well, I suppose it might be important to tell you who he is first. Eddie Goldberg was Jean Chrétien’s Chief policy advisor for his entire tenure (except the last year or so when he was chief of staff). And tonight he was the guest speaker in my night class. It was probably the best lecture we’ve had all year in that class. Its been all guest speakers and as I like to say its all “boring talks from interesting people.” So anyway, after class we all went out to the QP ( which is becoming my après 310 haunt of choice these last few weeks…or twice before and probably next week). We all grabbed a drink and there were nachos circulating. Mr. Goldberg was chatting away with us about the Gomery inquiry and the Liberals and what we should do with our lives etc. There weren’t enough nachos and so my friends Bryana and Diane and I ordered our own. We were sitting beside Mr. Goldberg and he clearly didn’t notice that we’d paid for our nachos separately and so he started taking nachos from our basket. Well, what do you say? “No Mr. Goldberg, no nachos for you” so we just let him eat them. And so he did. So tonight, I shared my nachos with a man who helped Chrétien decide if we should help invade Iraq, a man who watched the 1995 referendum from 24 Sussex and a man who looked an awful lot like the mayor of munchkin land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home