Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Learning From The Best

Well, I spent that weekend writing a group essay. We worked for about 40 hours this weekend and ended up finishing at 5 AM on Tuesday AM. We had all our research done when we started …it was just a really long process. Despite this, it was probably one of the most beneficial academic experiences I’ve been a part of. Not only was it intense in the time period and the amount of work we did but it was also extremely collaborative. The girls I was working with are extremely intelligent and motivated. Our paper was held to everyone’s highest standards and as such, we pushed each other constantly to pack each sentence with our full meaning. I learned a lot from them and I have some excellent ideas on how to improve my papers in the future. Generally I hate group work. I hate dragging people along who don’t put in the effort but in this case not only was it a good paper but it was also a surprising amount of fun. We were good at taking breaks and ate some really good food. I’ve never been to starbucks so much in my life but the combination of highly caffeinated beverages, good senses of humour and a drive to write the best darn paper that prof. Leuprecht has ever seen really made the experience worth while.
So, thank you to my group. Firstly for the anticipated A. Secondly for teaching me lots of new tricks, and finally for some new friends. (Which sounds entirely cheesy but is entirely true). I hope that I have the privilege of working with such sharp minds in the future b/c after an experience like that… I don’t think I could deal with anything less.

1 Comments:

Blogger DS said...

Oh Woubyn... I'm touched. Miss Jack? No I miss Murray, he's just soo dreamy

7:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home