Monday, January 16, 2006

Buttons!

i'm collecting Canadian party buttons. I need a block button and a Conservative button to finish up my collection for this election. i doubt i'll get a block one but i think my chances of hunting down a Conservative one are pretty good. all you need to do to get a button from canvasers is pretend you're interested and ask some bad questions... or just say, "hey can i have a button" and they might give you one. My personal favourite in my collection is my JACK layton one b/c its SO obvious that the campaign is focused around the individual, not the party and that they're trying to make him approachable by making his first name 14x bigger than the rest of the button. also, note the tiny NDP on the bottom. the liberal button is based on the individual of Peter Milliken, who has been the MP here since like 88. He's running on being who he is and not on his party platform. Its all about being a local man...i talked to him... i think he thinks that Martin is an idiot. the green party button is interesting b/c it just has the Party name on it. clearly these buttons are intended for multiple elections and were mass produced knowing that the leader could change and that they don't have any big names. anyway, i can't wait to get more buttons. if you have one i'd love. here are pictures of mine so far! also, i am quite aware that i am a giant nerd!




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a Marijuana Party too?? I think there is because I threaten to vote for them if the others annoy me. But maybe their buttons are sketchy...back alley deals...I don't know. I shouldn't insult, I know nothing about them. But the button might be a good addition to your collection!

11:17 p.m.  
Blogger Robyn said...

Well if the Marijuana party has a button...i'd take it!
if you see one let me know..or pick it up for me!!

11:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home