Friday, February 03, 2006

Sun Glasses

When I wear sunglasses I feel like noone can recognize me. I’m not sure why. I think it might have something to do with a tinted lens being put between me and reality or that people in movies often wear sunglasses as part of a disguise. The other day a friend waved at me and I thought “she must be waving at someone else”…because I was wearing sunglasses. I didn’t wave back. I’m pretty sure she thinks I snubbed her but by the time I realized that she actually did recognize me and that my sunglasses only make me see the world differently and don’t make people see me differently, it was too late. I often wish that there actually were glasses or a hat or something that you could put on when you are having a bad day. This way you can just be unrecognizable. You can walk to class, go to the IGA, sit in a park and not have anyone to say hello to or to feel that you have to chat. I mean, don’t we all have days like that? Days when we are either feeling so gross that we don’t want to talk or when we look so gross (bad hair, a shirt you noticed was dirty after you left the house etc) that you would rather just blend in. I can’t drive with sunglasses on. It makes me feel like I’m in a movie, or a video game. I’d rather squint b/c I feel too removed from reality to actually concentrate. Maybe I just shouldn’t wear sunglasses. That way I won’t snub my friends or crash into a tree. I like mine though, they’re quite stylish and they stop me from squinting and getting wrinkles…and with my 22nd birthday fast approaching, I’m wondering if that is something I should soon actually start to worry about. So I think I’ll keep the sunglasses…but if I ignore you, if I don’t say hello, just remember that I don’ think that you can recognize me… I guess I’m just weird that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home