Friday, February 10, 2006

Moving

Well, we’re moving next year. Or rather, this year, in may. Just a few blocks away but the move is still painful and largely unnecessary. We had thought that we would be staying in the same house next year but things changed and we ended up fairly late in the game looking for a new housemate and when that didn’t happen, a new house. So we’re moving in near A&P and since this is the internet…I won’t give the address. It’s a cute little four person house and I won’t be living in the basement any more. While the basement may seem kind of depressing to some, I’ve enjoyed my lovely large room and its cave like qualities. I think being above ground next year may be quite difficult. I mean, when I look out the window, I won’t see feet, I’ll see the tops of heads. Very strange.
Its very difficult living in a space when you know that its going to be someone else’s very soon. I’d rather just pack up and move now. But, we have 2.5 more months here. I guess I’d always kind of thought that when we moved out of this house we’d be dividing up our stuff and going our separate ways rather than driving it a few blocks and setting it up again. And since its only for a year, the temptation is to treat it like a long term hotel room feeling like I’m transient and not permanent. I think I’m a bit of security freak. I like to know that things are there for me. Ie. My house at home. I think the biggest trauma of my life will be when my parents sell that house. I’ve never moved houses and I think having my childhood home gone will be a big shock. But I think they’re waiting until I’m set up somewhere after university before they do that to me. I guess I have to stop thinking it of something they would ‘do to me’ and more as them moving on past the child rearing years.
So we’re moving. A new phase of life I suppose. And maybe a fresh start for our last year will be a good thing. A new setting, a larger kitchen, an upstairs bedroom…that’s exciting right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you got the house for sure?? That's so exciting, Robyn! You'll be so close!
See you soon,
Hilary

12:05 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Robyn. I just moved into my fourth Bangladeshi guesthouse (bed #5 in three weeks, been on the move since December 10). I know this sounds like one-upmanship, but read me for the solidarity: moving sucks sometimes.

9:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home